- 56,485.52 - 66,096.94 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for preparing and completing graphic and technical computer aided drafting assignments such as: contract drawings from field surveys, intersection drawings, pamphlets, flyers, presentation documents, forms and various departmental and city publications; updating base maps and plan proposals.
SPECIFIC JOB SUMMARY
This position will be responsible specifically for drafting street light design and street light plant drawings as well as street lighting light level calculations, form, displays and other drawings associated with the branch's operation using computer aided design (CAD) microcomputer system.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12 plus graduation from a two (2) year Community College program in drafting or equivalent
Minimum two (2) years related drafting experience
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows environment
- Working in a drafting office environment
- Road reconstruction and utility drafting
- Street Lighting or Traffic control signal operation and drafting techniques (Dependent on vacant position's requirements)
- Ontario Manual of Uniform Traffic Control devices, AGI and ARC-GIS
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Work effectively with others
- Provide a vehicle for transportation when require
- Work both inside and outside when required