Program Administrative Clerk
- 51,880.92 - 60,702.46 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the program staff by performing word processing/typing, data entry, and filing activities; researching information pertaining to program documents; liaising with internal staff, external stakeholders, and members of the public; scheduling of meetings and public consultation sessions; responding to inquiries and complaints; and assisting in the gathering, compiling and presentation of material to various stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
A minimum of three (3) years experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- The general organization and activities of the specific program/unit/branch/department
- Corporate, departmental and branch policies and procedures
- Office practices and procedures
- Corporate Records Management system
- Departmental/branch specific programs and initiatives
- Corporate computer and software applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, etc
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Effectively communicate information to staff/public, both verbally and in written form
- Maintains strong interpersonal relations with staff, residents and visitors
- Display good judgement and discretion
- Organize work efficiently and able to handle several assignments simultaneously
- Work under pressure
- Work independently and with a minimum of supervision
- Type 50 words a minute
- Complete work assignments within deadlines