Change Management Consultant, Transit Services
- 84,020.30 - 106,260.70 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for applying change management methodology and principles while leading, creating, coordinating and facilitating the development and implementation of major and complex plans, programs, initiatives and solutions. Optimizes and maximizes employee engagement in order to minimize resistance while aligning with Transit Services business transformation strategies, initiatives and goals.
The Consultant works collaboratively with management and other stakeholders to determine and address changes to business processes and needs, systems and technology through the analysis of requirements; integration of best practices; formulation of recommendations and solutions and the development of plans.
Participates in the development of communication and training plans and works to drive faster adoption, higher utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact the business and the employees in the Transit Services department.
Education & Experience
Four (4) year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, Public Administration or related field.
Minimum six years (6) experience in developing, implementing and supporting human resources and change management initiatives in a results oriented environment; including at least two (2) years of project management experience in lead role, working on large-scale, enterprise-wide initiatives and programs. Consulting or professional services experience is an asset.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Current change and project management principles, methodologies and their application
- Performance consulting tools and best practices
- Organizational development, interventions and strategies
- Strategic and operational planning
- Business case development practices
- Effective and timely management of projects and project teams
- Extensive working knowledge of change management processes
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Project management skills, strong diagnostic ability and the ability to partner in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities and programs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and analytical thinking
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and to a variety of audiences
- Leadership in establishing structured methodologies
- Client focused, results oriented, and viewed as a trusted advisor
- Proven ability to build and maintain consultative business partnerships with client groups
- Ability to meaningfully communicate discrete data and business concepts
- Influence change and gain necessary support and commitment for change to move toward a common vision and goal