Project Coordinator, Transit Planning
- 57,972.46 - 82,229.42 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for implementing and managing various projects relating to Branch operations and mandate. Supports senior staff in the decision making process by conducting research, compiling and analyzing research findings, preparing briefings, and writing reports and responses.
Supports senior staff in the management of Branch emerging issues and section information in the management of emerging issues affecting the Branch, administers the Transit Services project capital budget process, and assist with the operating budget for the Branch.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year Community College diploma or three (3) year University degree with concentration in studies relating to Business, Law, Financial Analysis, Computer Science or related disciplines.
Four (4) years progressively responsible and practical experience in coordinating projects, and providing analysis, recommendations and reports, preferably in a municipal environment.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
- Applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation related to departmental programs and services
- Possess general knowledge of the Corporation, departmental business requirements, policies and organizational structure
- Principles and techniques of project management
- Organizational change and development
- Planning and performance measurement
- Business Process modeling
- Policy and procedure documentation practices
- Customer service delivery methodologies and skills
- Protocols for developing submissions, briefings, major reports
- Human resources practices and principles, including Relevant sections of the Collective Agreements for ATU1760, ATU279, CUPE 5500
- Research and analysis techniques
- Corporate system requirements, accounting and financial procedures and reporting practices, management controls, monitoring processes
- Desktop computer systems, advanced computer applications, and various software programs such as Windows, MS Office, SAP, RMS, MS Project, M5, Riskmaster, Markview, BIMS
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Able to work independently, with minimum support/direction, and cooperatively and collaboratively with all staff as part of a team
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work, and, and to balance multiple demands, conflicting priorities, and pressures, with a keen sense of quality and deadlines
- Able to plan, lead, coordinate, implement and manage projects to completion
- Able to conduct research, compile/analyze issues/data, make judgments on the interpretation of issues/data, and formulate recommendations
- Possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions
- Possess excellent consultative, collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to persuade/influence others and to bring conflicting points of view to consensus
- Possess strong, assertive verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong existing computer skills
- Able to use corporate SAP systems and other databases to manage information that is accessible and used by the Branch
- Able to comply with Corporate accounting and financial procedures and reporting practices, management controls, monitoring processes;
- Able to prepare reports, presentation materials, correspondence in an organized, clear and concise manner.