Transit Technology Infrastructure Analyst
- 63,920.22 - 90,656.02 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for implementing, monitoring, analyzing, administering, troubleshooting and resolving technology infrastructure related issues within Transit Services. Architects and implements assigned technology infrastructure solutions to meet client requirements and to improve transit operations.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year university degree in computer science or other related discipline.
Five (5) years of network related experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Superior knowledge of the most recent server O/S including MS Windows, VMWare ESXi, etc.
- Knowledge of network security products such as VPN, Firewalls and Intrusion detection
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP and Enterprise directory services
- Solid working knowledge of applications such as MS SQL, Citrix, Antivirus, MS SMS and Windows desktop operating system
- Understanding of backup software such as HP data protector and Veeam Backup and Replication
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts and implementation strategies
- Knowledge of server management technology such as Solarwinds
- Knowledge of local and wide area networks including CISCO switches and routers, cabling & TCP/IP protocol
- Knowledge of Application Delivery Controllers (F5)
- Understanding of enterprise wide networking concepts and related security issues
- Knowledge of voice and data telecommunication concepts including converged networks such as VOIP
- General knowledge of transit services and applications that are dependent on the network
- General knowledge of client services best practices and system (Marval)
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Able to analyze statistics and trends and forecast future requirement
- Able to write reports, documentation, procedures
- Able to work calmly and systematically under stressful situations
- Able to provide technical leadership and take initiative
- Able to liaise effectively with all levels of staff, city partners and vendors
- Able to plan for the impact of technology changes on Transit Services