Public Training Instructor
- 28.506 - 33.353 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the delivery of the Ottawa Paramedic Service (OPS) accredited training programs (including: Standard First Aid and/or Emergency First Aid and/or CPR and/or Oxygen Therapy and/or AED courses and/or Emergency First Responder courses).
Education & Experience
Grade 12 Diploma
Minimum of Eighteen (18) months experience in adult education or instruction or within a related field
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service Standard First Aid/CPR ''C'' certification
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service AED certification
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service Oxygen Therapy certification
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service Instructor Standard First Aid/CPR''C''/AED Certification
- Current relevant or equivalent certification as provided by other agencies
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Adult training models, techniques, and practices
- City of Ottawa and Paramedic Service Departmental policies, guidelines and directives
- City of Ottawa Emergency Response procedures
- Current CPR protocols and procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent public relations skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to use audio/visual equipment such as laptops and digital projectors for presentations
- Ability to handle the stress of an emergency situation