Arts Communication and Graphics Assistant
- 58,787.82 - 68,781.44 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Reporting to the Program Manager of Marketing & Communications, Recreation, Cultural and Facilities, the RCFS Communications Assistant and Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and coordinating marketing program materials and event information for both Recreation and Culture, acting as the event editor for the online cultural events calendar (Spotlight); responsible for the graphic design and layout of publications, resources and displays; responsible for using graphics systems and for providing consultation to staff on graphic design. The Recreation & Culture Graphics Designer will also assist with the production and dissemination of other marketing and communication materials related to facilities within Recreation, Cultural and Facilities Services and including digital media.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12 plus a three (3) year Community College Diploma in Graphics Design or related field
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of graphic design and publication communications documents
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Knowledge of the cultural community in Ottawa/Gatineau
- Knowledge of Graphic Design and Drawing software such as Corel Draw, Quark Xpress, Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office & Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of internet and e-communications tools and methodologies/ Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop
- Advanced knowledge of layout and design of marketing and communication materials in print, multimedia and internet
Competencies & Skills
- Graphic design and layout of communication documents
- Demonstrated writing and proof reading skills
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Outlook
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines