Business Consultant (Business Support Services)
- 75,912.20 - 92,366.82 annually
- City Of Ottawa
This job is for use in the Business Support Services (BSS) Branch to deliver core business services and provide support to their department and the City as a whole working collectively to enhance the effective operation of the City.
Responsible for supporting the department in the development, implementation and administration of effective and efficient organizational performance practices related to business process improvement, quality management, performance measures and key performance indicators to support the alignment and achievement of the department's strategic goals; leading the development and implementation of departmental performance measurement and reporting frameworks
Designs, analyzes and maintains databases and related information systems.
Provides project management services for assigned projects related to business improvement and performance.
* Individual positions may not require the performance of all of these responsibilities, or additional related duties, within the scope of the job, may be assigned.
Education & Experience
Four (4) year university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related disciplines.
Four (4) years experience in business process review, performance measures and evaluation, conducting comprehensive research, analysis/auditing/reporting.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required
- Possess general knowledge of the Corporation, departmental business requirements, policies and legislation related to the department
- Possess knowledge and understanding of departmental business processes and business systems
- Business improvement methodologies
- Performance measurement
- Business analysis practices, techniques and report writing
- Business Process modeling
- Techniques for program design, development, implementation and evaluation
- Techniques for cost-benefit analysis, performance evaluation and benchmarking
- Research, surveying, data collection and analyses methodologies
- Best practice and risk-managed approaches
- Principles and techniques of project management
- Corporate computer systems and application
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Able to work independently, and cooperatively and collaboratively with all staff as part of a team
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work, in an environment of evolution and rapid change, and to balance multiple demands, conflicting priorities, and pressures
- Provide technical leadership to plan, lead, coordinate, implement assigned work
- Able to conduct research/reviews, compile/analyze issues/data, make judgments on the interpretation of issues/data, and formulate recommendations
- Possess excellent consultative, collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to persuade/influence others and to bring conflicting points of view to consensus
- Possess strong evaluation, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions
- Possess strong assertive verbal and written communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Aptitude to work with and learn new computer applications/systems