Coordinator , Communications Information
- 53,071.20 - 75,271.56 annually
- City Of Ottawa
In a high-volume, operational environment with critical deadlines, writes and produces transit information for the public and staff; plans and coordinates production and distribution of all OC Transpo information materials for the Branch and for supporting branches. Ensures availability, accuracy and quality of printed information and monitors printing, purchasing and inventory records.
Education & Experience
Two (2) year Community College diploma in Communications, Journalism (print) or a related field with a concentration on writing or production of public copy.
Four (4) years experience writing, editing and proofreading print materials using desktop publishing software.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
- General knowledge of public transit information program combined with knowledge of print production processes
- Good knowledge of OC Transpo route system and services
- Good knowledge of English language
- Knowledge of the hardware and software used in desktop publishing
- Knowledge of specification preparation for printing or photographic services
- Knowledge of SAP and Markview
- Knowledge of accessibility standards as they apply to printed material
- Knowledge of bilingualism policy and clear print guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, and collaboratively as part of a team and with outside departments and agencies
- Possess excellent organizational skills and flexibility to deal effectively with multiple demands, conflicting priorities, pressures and deadlines
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment, including use of the intra/internet
- Able to demonstrate initiative, substantial creativity and resourcefulness
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to anticipate and resolve production problems
- Able to gain cooperation of others in order to meet unit's goals
- Able to coordinate printing projects and manage external firms