Summer Student - Research Assistant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Assists the Supervisor or designate in performing research functions including:
- Conducting research including media scans, literature reviews, web searches, library searches on key issues and compiling information for document preparation.
- Developing and maintaining databases by collecting, entering, organizing and analyzing data.
- Contributing to the maintenance of project and/or program information by updating and revising related documentation.
- Supporting the organization and presentation of training and information sessions including the creation of all training and presentation materials.
- Providing friendly, helpful, and courteous service to the public while offering appropriate information.
Education & Experience
Post Secondary Student (completion of first year College or university):
- Studies in Business Administration, Policy, or a related field
Two (2) years or more of related experience is required:
- Related experience which may include working in an office setting, administration of an office, project or research related work
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
No certification is required
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check instead of a Vulnerable Sector Check.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire
- Some knowledge of office procedures
- Solid analytical skills and sound judgment
- Solid communication skills, orally and in writing, including participating in meetings and presentations
- Advanced level of competence of a variety of computer software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, graphics programs, statistical analysis programs, SAP, etc.
- Experience working within a project-based environment
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to follow general guidelines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervison.