Job Inventory - Housekeeping Attendant
- 23.450 - 27.438 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for performing housekeeping duties associated with the maintenance of a clean, comfortable, home-like and safe environment in the Long Term Care Home, with an emphasis on resident safety and engagement, in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10.
6 months experience in institutional cleaning.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing required.
Carleton Lodge - must have access to own transportation
- Disinfection procedures
- Stripping and refinishing of floors
- Preservation of surfaces
- Shampooing of carpets and upholstery
- The use of housekeeping equipment
- Employee health and safety/WHMIS
- Good understanding of safe body mechanics for lifting and bending
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Organize and prioritize work assignments
- Work under pressure
- Operate auto scrubber, floor buffer and carpet extractor
- Understand and follow directions
- Identify and report hazards in the workplace