3-1-1 Casual Client Service Agent
- 29.773 - 34.833 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing information and customer services for a wide range of City services, programs, policies, procedures, permits and fee structures, as part of a team of agents, delivered through a Client Service Centre; ensuring service continuity in responding to inquiries and urgent requests from the public, elected officials, internal staff, and other government agencies through a variety of platforms, primarily by phone and including electronic/web, email and in-person in the most efficient and professional manner possible, minimizing referrals and transfers to other subject matter experts, where possible, and ensuring follow up where requested. Work is performed in accordance with corporate/departmental/branch policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, as well as any applicable legislation/regulations, and in meeting performance and quality assurance standards.
Education & Experience
Successful completion of grade 12 or recognized equivalency
A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in a customer service environment, providing service to the public by telephone, in person, in writing and electronically in a multi-service environment, such as a in call centre and/or a counter service operations.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate(s) will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Designated bilingual - Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
French oral, reading required
English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Knowledge of customer service delivery mechanisms and computer programs as they relate to products and services within the Client Service Centre
- Customer Service practices and strategies to resolving customer related complaints
- Corporate Microsoft computer applications MSWord , Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer/Ozone, and job specific programs such as LAGAN, Knowledge BASE, Ottawa.ca, MAP, ITX, VTAX, Aqacis,CLASS, RSVP, Autoprocess, SAP, etc.
- General office equipment
- Corporate cash handling procedures, operation of cash register, balancing cash and preparing daily deposits
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent customer service skills especially during busy periods, stressful situations or emergencies
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with municipal staff, elected officials and members of the general public by telephone and in-person
- Strong writing skills and ability to compose professional, clear and concise responses to written inquiries
- Organize, multi-task and prioritize work
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion in decision making to selecting/suggesting a course of action within a list of possible alternatives, particularly after-hours, to minimize risk to the corporation and maximize public safety
- Work independently and in a team setting