Maintenance Worker, Signs and Pavement Marking
- 24.716 - 28.915 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Reporting to the Zone Supervisor, Traffic Operations, works on a crew responsible assembling, installing, removing and maintaining traffic control devices (traffic, directional, speciality and other signs) OR removing and reinstating pavement markings on road surfaces within the City.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12.
Six (6) months experience working with a maintenance and/or crew environment.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
A valid Ontario unrestricted "DZ" class driver's license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than six (6) demerit points accumulated.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Equipment/tools and technical procedures, processes (e.g. coning vehicles, segments of the road and the work area) and operation of equipment, (e.g. high pressure hydraulics, aerial vehicles, painting machines), used in the work
- General knowledge of computerized systems (Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook)
- City procedures for installing, repairing and maintaining signs and traffic devices, and for removing and reinstating/overlaying road markings
- General tool maintenance and repair techniques
- General knowledge of City/departmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Ottawa Hydro procedures and protocols for working around high voltage electricity
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to identify problems and develop alternate options/solutions
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with work crews
- Ability to work on 24/7 rotating shifts , overtime and/or on-call as required