Summer - Arts Specialty Instructor 1
- 15.000 - 19.990 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Arts Specialty Instructor 1 is responsible for leading creative introductory arts programs for children, and assisting in the delivery of creative instruction in theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts
Education & Experience
Grade 11 high school student participating in one or more of the following arts disciplines: theatre, dance, music, visual, literary and multi-media arts or a related field.
Two (2) years or more of related experience is required.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C" certification
• Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
• AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check instead of a Vulnerable Sector Check.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Knowledge of interpretive techniques, of aesthetic and technical concepts, and of handling of program materials in discipline of instruction.
- Working knowledge of general registration and visitor procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Ability to work well with others.