Summer - Camp Counsellor
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the delivery of recreation, arts, aquatics or sports programs for preschoolers, children and youth during the summer months. The programs may take place indoors, outdoors, in one location or a variety of locations
To ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience.
Education & Experience
High School Student
No related experience is required
Language, Certificates & Licenses
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C" certification
• Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
• AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check instead of a Vulnerable Sector Check.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
This job with the City of Ottawa requires employees to be 15 years of age prior to employment.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable City of Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Programming skills in crafts, sports, games, creative play, stories and music
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
- Ability to accompany and supervise participants in a variety of environments including aquatic