Summer - Camp Senior Counsellor
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the delivery of and leading recreation, arts, and aquatics or sports programs for preschoolers, children and youth during the summer months. The programs may take place indoors, outdoors, in one location or a variety of locations. They must also supervise other camp counsellors.
To ensure participants have a safe and enjoyable camp experience.
Education & Experience
High School Graduate
Less than four (4) months of related experience is required: Experience working in a recreational environment.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C" certification
• Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
• AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Candidates under the age of 18 will require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check instead of a Vulnerable Sector Check.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable City of Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Programming skills in crafts, sports, games, creative play, stories and music
- Experience working with preschoolers and/or school age children and/or youth
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures
- Ability to accompany and supervise participants in a variety of environments including aquatic
- Experience planning and operating recreation programs for preschoolers, children and/or youth
- Demonstrates supervisory and strong leadership skills