Summer - Aquatic Beach Operations Support
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for ensuring cleanliness of beach pavilion, washrooms, change rooms and surrounding area. Assist patrons as required, (i.e. hours of operation, cost of net rentals), communicate with other City staff. Responsible for setting up and taking down the beach volleyball equipment, maintaining the beach volleyball equipment room; opening and/or closing the facility and other site specific equipment and administrative requirements, (i.e. weekly attendance, accident and incident reports)
Education & Experience
High School Student
Less than four (4) months of related experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR 'C'
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
- AODA Accessibility Training
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
This job with the City of Ottawa requires employees be 15 years of age prior to employment.
- City of Ottawa WHMIS training.
- Volleyball set up/take down.
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, aquatic policies and procedures.
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures.
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance.
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to read and write in English
- Technical skills for the appropriate program
- Ability to operate any required tools/equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures.