- 21.758 - 30.863 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing assistance to the Transit Customer Systems & Planning Service Area with the promotion and implementation of multi-modal transportation in Ottawa. Assists with organization and facilitation of public outreach events for various groups throughout the city, and performs administrative and clerical activities in support of multi-modal transportation outreach initiative.
Education & Experience
Completion of secondary school (grade 12) or equivalent.
Minimum of one (1) year of related experience is required.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Some positions - Designated – specific level of language proficiency:
French oral, reading, writing required
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Familiarity with Ottawa and an interest in its transit system and specifically the O-Train system (new and existing)
- Office skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet software is an asset
- Familiarity with laptops, iPads and other hardware is an asset
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Customer service sensitivity to meet diverse customer requirements
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision, and with all staff as part of a team
- Attentive to detail
- Possess skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work
- Possess good presentation / public speaking skills
- Able to provide comprehensive information requiring specialized knowledge
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment is an asset
- Able to operate standard office and telephone equipment is an asset
- Physically able to perform moderate physical activities, and tolerate minor exposure to all types of weather.