Summer Student - Procurement Support Analyst
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Researches procurement policy, procedures, recent trends and hot issues. Compiles statistical data and prepares reports, assists in the writing of procurement policies, procedures and fact sheets and participates as a team member in special projects.
Education & Experience
Post Secondary Student (completion of first year College or university): Business, Economics or Management Studies
No related experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Note: Under the age of 18, require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
English oral, reading, writingEnglish oral, reading, writing
- The public tendering system and regulations relating to administration
- Procurement terminology, document types and handling
Competencies & Skills
- Use Computerized administrative systems such as MS Word and Excel
- Communicate effectively with team members, clients, suppliers and the public
- Retrieve information from an electronic procurement system
- Organize work and set priorities