Job Inventory - Labourer, Water Distribution
- 21.753 - 25.448 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing manual labour to support other Unit or Branch staff with the inspection, operation, maintenance and repair of Drinking Water Services infrastructure. The job is also responsible for assisting with the operation and maintenance of the City's fire hydrants, and providing other support to the Unit.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10.
Minimum of 2 months' related experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver's licence (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
- Must successfully complete the City's confined space entry training and other training relevant to the work, within a timeframe set by the employer.
English oral, reading, writing required.
Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
Competencies & Skills
- Communicate effectively
- Good interpersonal skills
- Conduct oneself in accordance with the City's Code of Conduct and other City policies in order to reflect a good image to the public, contractors and other City of Ottawa employees
- Safely operate equipment and tools
- Work effectively as part of a team, and independently when required
- Use a computer and learn to operate mobile handheld units
- Work overtime and on-call
- Physical ability to do the work
- Mechanical aptitude