Job Inventory - Maintenance Helper- (Part Time)
- 20.508 - 24.002 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Maintenance Helper is responsible for performing duties associated with the operation and maintenance of all City facilities.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10.
Up to one month of related experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- General facility cleanliness and safe work practices
- Cleaning chemicals and disinfectants and safe application/procedures
- Effective cleaning techniques
- Customer Service principles
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Possess the physical capability to perform the ongoing duties of the position
- Able to communicate effectively with the general public and staff
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends