Intermediate Project Leader, Information Technology Client Support
- 69,556.76 - 84,633.64 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Under the general direction of the Portfolio Coordinator, the Intermediate Project Leader, IT Client Support Services manages small scale projects for the section, unit or branch, and conducts and/or manages components of large scale projects.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year college diploma in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Project Management, Business Administration, or related discipline
Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience, preferably in information systems, including experience in customer service and project management
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Project management practices and methodologies
- Systems analysis and design techniques
- Technology elements, including hardware platforms, software, networks, databases, applications, security
- Corporate and departmental policies, processes and standards that apply to the work
- IT service delivery frameworks such as ITIL, and departmental change management and client service practices
- Industry trends and developments in client support services' toolsKnowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability negotiate and facilitate consensus on various issues with clients and other stakeholders, and to communicate technical requirements to different stakeholders who have varying degrees of IT knowledge
- Monitor and manage projects
- Research and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Conduct resource forecasting and cost-benefit analysis
- Skills in planning, organizing and co-ordinating
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective relationships with clients and other ITS staff