Administrative Support Clerk
- 51,880.92 - 60,702.46 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing administrative support to Employment and Social Services programs and services, including, but are not limited to: data entry, filing/records management, reception and liaison with clients; providing customer services to clients; printing and releasing cheques and/or replacement documents to clients; and contributing to the overall improvement of service delivery.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in a customer service, clerical or administrative, or social services environment.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Day 1 Ready bilingual - Immediate requirement for language proficiency:
French oral, reading, writing required
English oral, reading, writing required.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
The ability to communicate in other languages is an asset.
- Office/clerical and reception procedures
- Services and programs offered in the Employment and Social Services locations as well as community agencies
- Corporate computer software/applications including MS Office Suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Corporate Cash Handling Policy
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Access, search and maintain databases
- Communicate effectively with community representatives, clients and staff
- Maintain composure and good judgment under stressful and high-pressure situations