Analyst, Traffic Monitoring and Signal Control System
- 65,869.44 - 77,066.08 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for operating and monitoring the Traffic Surveillance and Signal Control System (TSSCS), in order to ensure the safe and efficient functioning of all traffic signals, and for recommending modifications to the TSSCS to improve traffic control strategies.
Education & Experience
Successful completion of a three year community college diploma or university degree in Transportation or Civil Engineering Technology, computer science or related field.
A minimum of three (3) years experience in traffic data analysis and collection, traffic systems/software or experience in a related field
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Signal timing and evaluation techniques, traffic data collection and analysis
- Traffic control and signal timing principles
- Traffic Signal timing software packages
- The operation and functions of centralized traffic control systems
- The use of standard computer software
- Provisional legislation and guidelines governing the design and use of traffic control devices
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Work and communicate effectively with others, especially under limited time constraints
- Evaluate abnormal work situations and take corrective action within a restrictive time frame
- Good organizational skills/good judgement/self motivated
- Continuously learn, assimilate and use new information at an above average rate
- Follow written and verbal instructions with a minimum of supervision
- Work independently
- Work flexible hours
- Maintain high accuracy and productivity standards under pressure