Senior Analyst, Information Security
- 81,192.02 - 98,798.70 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Under the general direction of the Program Manager, assists with the design, implementation and maintenance of the ITS and corporate information security program. Develops and maintains information security policies, standards and procedures, to ensure the protection of City information. Develops and maintains IT disaster recovery and business resumption plans.
Education & Experience
Completion of a three (3) year university degree or community college diploma in computer science or related discipline
Minimum of 8 years of information technology experience including a minimum of 5 years information technology security experience, security policy writing and risk management experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Information security principles such as access control, encryption, authentication, etc.
- Threat and risk assessment methodologies
- Computing environments including networks, servers, operating systems, platforms, firewalls, etc.
- Security tools and solutions at both the client and enterprise levels
- Data security methods, access control systems, encryption and authentication tools
- Project management methodologies
- Enterprise-wide networking concepts & related security issues
- Communication protocols and their inherent security risks and exposures
- Public key infrastructure policies and practices
- Intrusion detection systems
- Security software reporting capabilities
- City services & applications dependent on the network
- Windows desktop operating system
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Write clear and concise reports, documentation and procedures
- Prepare and deliver presentations to all levels of staff and clients
- Manage technical resources in a project environment
- Analyze problems and situations and develop feasible solutions
- Think in conceptual or abstract terms
- Analyze and accurately document new and existing processes
- Work in close partnership with other IT resources
- Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Work calmly and systematically under stressful situations
- Liaise effectively with all levels of staff, city partners and vendors
- Plan for the impact of technology changes on the city