Client Service Clerk - Provincial Offences Act
- 53,123.98 - 62,153.00 annually
- City Of Ottawa
The Client Service Clerk (Provincial Offences) is responsible for performing duties that are associated with the delivery of customer service to the clients and the administration of the Provincial Offences Act program. These services are to be delivered in a timely, courteous and professional manner, and in accordance with the Revised Statutes of Ontario, Ontario Regulation, and directives issued by the Ministry of the Attorney General or the Corporation of the City of Ottawa.
Education & Experience
Successful completion of secondary school is required
A minimum of three (3) years of related experience
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate(s) will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
Designated bilingual - Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
French oral, reading, writing required
English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Working knowledge of the ICON (Integrated Court Offences Network) system
- Knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act and associated regulations, along with the ability to apply and interpret these provisions
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping practices
- Working knowledge of court proceedings
Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide courteous and timely client service
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize work
- Able to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information and responding to inquiries
- Able to meet deadlines
- Dictation and transcription skills
- Above average keyboarding skills with an emphasis on accuracy