Specialist, Child Care Program Development, Municipal Child Care Centres
- 81,192.02 - 98,798.70 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Reporting to the Municipal Child Care Program Manager, the Municipal Child Care Development specialist works as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing expert advice, guidance and input to Program Managers, Supervisors and other staff, who are responsible for the delivery of Municipal Child Care programs and services. The incumbent will ensure the consistent implementation and application of program and licensing standards in the municipal childcare programs. The Specialist will assist with operational and strategic planning, conduct program evaluations, manage projects, advise on risk management strategies, be current on latest research related to Child Care programs and Early Childhood Development and recommend venues for service enhancements, incorporation of best practices and continuous improvement strategies. The Municipal Child Care Development Specialist will participate on committees with other community partners, government agencies and Children's Services staff to plan, organize and strategize on issues related to access to service, service delivery models and innovative approaches to enhancements/improvements to the program and its deliverables.
Education & Experience
Completion of 3-4 year degree in Business Administration, Early Childhood Education, Health Sciences, Social Sciences or 2-3 Year College Diploma in ECE.
5 years experience in business administration and/or social/health science, including research, analysis, performance measurement, strategic and operational planning, policy development, early childhood education program design, and financial monitoring and budgeting.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE).
1 position - Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
French oral, reading, writing required
English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Planning, project management techniques and methods
- Financial/ budget management
- Policy development and implementation
- Research and analysis methodology
- Best practice approaches related to community and social services
- Evaluation techniques
- Program design, development, implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Conduct/manage research, best-practice and operational reviews towards recommending service enhancements
- Manage a variety of projects using project management techniques/skills
- Effective presentation delivery and facilitation skills for various work/staff/management groups
- Ability to negotiate solutions with community stakeholders
- Ability to apply legislation to program strategy and development
- Advanced writing skills to draft policy and procedures and communicate to external community partners
- Establish effective working relationships with various different levels of staff within the branch, department and city as well as external stakeholders
- Provide consulting services related to policy development and analysis, evaluation and best practices
- Advanced computer skills and abilities in statistical modeling and data management utilizing Office Automation software such as, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and WORD for spreadsheets, charts, reports, memos, tables and general letters of correspondence
- Work under pressure in an environment of evolution and rapid change