- 53,123.98 - 62,153.00 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support, including processing work orders, populating and maintaining databases and producing reports, to support the efficient operations of the Elections Branch
Education & Experience
Grade 12 with one (1) year post secondary training in Office Administration or equivalent
Minimum of three (3) years working in a client oriented environment, handling trouble calls and carrying out administrative/clerical duties
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
2 positions - Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
French oral, reading, writing required
English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Techniques for providing front line support, handle difficult calls in a professional and tactful manner, as well as procedures to initiate and process work orders, etc.,
- Time management and scheduling techniques to manage own time, arrange meetings, and ensure that calls complaints/inquiries are handled in a timely manner
- The operation of a personal computer to utilize various operating systems and corporately-supported software applications to implement and populate new software applications and manipulate data
- Filing, bring forward and record keeping techniques and practices to set up, track, maintain and dispose/archive records; related corporate policies in that regard
- Techniques to take minutes
- Techniques for the efficient operation of an office, including working as a team to provide quality, timely and cost-effective services to clients and in support of all team members.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
- Knowledge of the corporation, its political and administrative structure, and decision-making procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Handle, in a professional and tactful manner, a wide range of calls
- Provide support to Elections staff; prioritize work, meet imposed and often completing deadlines in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all job related contacts
- Organization skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, set schedules and meet deadlines
- Pay attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime is an explicit requirement of the job