Job Inventory - Instructor, Advanced Arts
- 27.727 - 37.155 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Advanced Arts Instructor is responsible for designing, teaching and evaluating creative introductory to advanced instructional programs in theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts for all ages.
Education & Experience
Completion of a university/college degree in Fine Arts, Art History
Education in one or more of the following arts disciplines: theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, or multi-media arts or equivalent years of arts experience.
Minimum 5 years practicing and/or teaching experience in related arts discipline.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing.
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR 'C'/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Previous experience working with all ages in an arts instructional setting.
- Excellent knowledge of interpretive techniques, of aesthetic and technical concepts, and of handling of program materials in discipline of instruction.
- Working knowledge of general registration and visitor procedures.
- Knowledge of local arts organization and school board curriculum.
- Working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and of corporate/ departmental policies and procedures related to heath and safety.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Ability to convey enthusiasm and creative energies about related discipline.
- Sensitive to the needs of various age groups and their learning abilities.
- Creative program development.
- Ability to work well with others.