Job Inventory - Trainer, Personal Fitness
- 19.594 - 28.614 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for instructing/conducting customized individual client or group weight fitness training sessions to meet clients specific fitness needs, in accordance with corporate and departmental policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and related legislation.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12
One (1) year experience
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Canadian Fitness Professionals (Can Fit Pro) Personal Trainer Certification or any other recognized
equivalent recognised by the City of Ottawa
Current Standard First Aid/CPR 'C'/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Corporate and Departmental policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge of nutrition and sport specific training
- City of Ottawa emergency response procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Knowledge base, skills and training necessary to lead personal training sessions for a various types of clients.
- Ability to speak clearly and actively listen.
- Maintain a safe and fun environment
- Understanding of community fitness environment and needs
- Excellent interpersonal & Customer Service Skills.