Job Inventory - Youth and Child Care Worker, Inclusive Recreation
- 17.050 - 20.100 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Inclusive Recreation Portfolio, the incumbent works with children with attention deficit, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, conduct disorder, and other learning disabilities in a positive reinforcement and social skills training program.
Education & Experience
College diploma or University degree in Recreation, Child Care/Youth Worker, Kinesiology, or Physical Education.
Over 2 years experience working with multi-cultural youth aged 12 and up.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Current CPI Certification
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Legislation protecting rights of special needs client, populations
- Client care
- Health and Safety legislation, policies, procedures
- City of Ottawa and Parks & Recreation Branch Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to relevant standards of practice,
- Knowledge of learning disabilities and appropriate intervention strategies, social skill developments and task analysis processes
Competencies & Skills
- CPI training
- Knowledge of treatment programs
- Well developed communication skills with children and youth
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Problem solving skills