Job Inventory - Instructor, Introductory Arts
- 17.050 - 20.100 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Introductory Arts Instructor is responsible for leading creative introductory arts programs for children, and assisting in the delivery of creative instruction in theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts.
Education & Experience
Minimum enrollment in Gr. 11 high school participating in one or more of the following arts disciplines: theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts or related field.
Minimum 2 years experience practicing and/or teaching in a related discipline.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Previous experience working with children in an arts instructional setting.
- Knowledge of interpretive techniques, of aesthetic and technical concepts, and of handling of program materials in discipline of instruction.
- Working knowledge of general registration and visitor procedures.
- Working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and of corporate/ departmental policies and procedures related to health and safety.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and listening skills.
- Ability to work well with others.