Job Inventory - Cardio/Weight Room Attendant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for overseeing and assisting customers with the use of a City of Ottawa cardio or weight room facility or site.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10
Minimum of one year experience working with the public and providing service to customers in a recreational facility environment
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing
French may be required for some locations
Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Cash handling training provided by the City of Ottawa
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Department's facilities, programmes and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of fitness programs and the use of fitness equipment
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrated effective decision-making and judgement.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting and independently with minimum supervision.
- Positive and effective communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a wide diversity of people.