Job Inventory - Program Leader, Inclusive Recreation
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Provides client care according to individualized program plans that promote optimal functioning and well-being in a supportive recreation environment.
Education & Experience
- College diploma in related field or equivalent experience with ABI/Special Needs participants.
- Social Services Worker, Home Support Worker, or Personal Support Worker Diploma
- Minimum range of years: 1 to 3 years
- Type: Special Needs and client care
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing.
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset.
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR "C"/Automated External Defibrillator
Current CPI Certification
AODA Accessibility for ALL
Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: Under the age of 18, require a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Legislation protecting rights of special needs client, populations
- Client care
- Health and Safety legislation, policies, procedures
- City of Ottawa and Parks & Recreation Branch Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- CPI certification
- Training in lifts and transfers
- Training in feeding and other personal care requirements
- Knowledge of special needs population