Specialist, SEM Systems
- 59,888.92 - 70,071.82 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for administering and maintaining the day to day functionality of the Integrated Security Management and Access Control System and providing ongoing system support; prepares reports and statistical information related to the integrated security management and access control system; responds to all client service requests and user enquiries related to the Integrated Security Management and access control system; and, supports Corporate Security staff during security investigations through the provision of data and information contained in the Integrated Security Management and access control System.
Education & Experience
Successful completion of a two (2) year College Diploma in security administration/ management, security/alarm systems, or a related field of study.
Minimum of three (3) years in the security field, including at least two (2) years of demonstrated successful administration of a security/alarm system, preferable a cardkey system.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Relevant legislation, policies, codes, regulations and guidelines
- Integrated electronic security management systems operations, including access control, CCTV, emergency alarms, intrusion alarms, emergency communication, employee photo identification, etc.
- Employee and asset security issues/principals
- Proficiency with various computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and IRIMS
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Observe confidentiality on all matters relating to security
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Interact effectively and productively with various clients and user groups with different cultural perspectives and priorities
- Ability to analyze problems and work with a team to develop realistic and innovative solutions to problems involving security issues
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute fully to projects, etc., by collaborating with colleagues towards consensual solutions and quality outputs
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to write and implement new policies and procedures as required
- Proven analytical ability and interview/interrogations skills as they apply to security