REVISED - Transit Systems Integrator
- 61,437.74 - 87,134.32 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Transit IT Branch is replacing the Integrated Transit Management System (ITMS) with a new vendor-provided solution (HASTUS) and replacing the day-to-day operations software with the Clever CAD suite of products.
The System Integrator is primarily responsible for the development and implementation of QA and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures, test plans & documentation for Vendor software (HASTUS) solutions and commercial off-the-shelf solutions (COTS). Their main role is to perform QA, factory and User Acceptance Testing in conjunction with subject matter experts (SME’s) for all software package releases, verifying that programs function according to specified business requirements; and that they conform to corporate standards and the Collective Agreement rules.
The System Integrator will develop detailed test cases and scripts to test individual and system-wide changes, patches, upgrades, and modified configurations; including automated/regression testing and end-to-end scenarios. They will create and maintain detailed documentation for all test cases, deficiencies and processing errors, providing performance reports using the JIRA defect database and other provided tools.
The candidate will work with Transit IT Operations staff as part of transitioning the software from current practices to day-to-day operations. This includes involvement in software compatibility testing and impact assessment on integrated systems and/or applications in collaboration with business units such as transit planning, scheduling, booking services, dispatch, timekeeping, downstream systems, SAP, Payroll, Clever CAD, customer information and training. Additionally, they will work collaboratively with SME’s and training teams to generate work instructions, procedures and training materials for business users, operators and project teams as required.
The role requires status reporting to the Project Management team for tracking and achievement of project milestone deliverables. The role has been developed in response to new or changing business requirements and requires involvement at both business and operational level.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year University degree in Information Management, Information Technology, or related discipline.
Minimum of Five (5) years progressively more responsible experience in applications development and/or integration.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Application development best practices;
- IT security best practices and standards relating to application development and/or integration;
- Event-driven / object-oriented program design techniques;
- Structured systems analyses and design techniques;
- Transit and City network environment;
- Knowledge of Transit specific applications considered an asset (Giro HASTUS, Trapeze Suite, InfoDev, Clever Devices, etc);
- SQL Server and/or Oracle DBMS at an intermediate level;
- System testing techniques;
- Microsoft ASP .Net version 2003, 2005 Web or higher versions and .Net Framework 1.1 and higher;
- PowerShell scripting;
- VB and C# .Net programming languages;
- PL/SQL for creation of procedures and packages;
- Development using Microsoft Office Suite tools;
- Development using SharePoint tools;
- System Development Life Cycle;
- n-tier Architecture Design;
- Unit, regression and load testing;
- Test plan creation;
- Configuration management;
- Creation of technical and non-technical documentation; and
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Develop applications (or components thereof) using current development toolset;
- Install, customize and configure COTS applications;
- Integrate hardware and software;
- Liaise effectively with clients, all levels of staff, vendors and consultants;
- Gather and document user requirements;
- Organize work and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills;
- Work independently and as a team member;
- Use effective judgment; and
- Research and analytical skills.