Financial Services Unit Analyst
- 65,008.58 - 79,099.02 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for conducting research, financial analysis and a range of reviews of key financial activities; coordinating and overseeing aspects of assigned projects; and for assisting in financial exercises as required in support of Financial Services Unit staff and client department(s) in accordance with related corporate and departmental policies and procedures, and related legislation.
Education & Experience
Four (4) year University Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or other related field of study
Minimum of two (2) years experience in financial management, including financial analysis, budget, accounting, financial modelling, etc.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Knowledge of financial controls and processes and financial processes relating to contracted work
- Knowledge of relevant special funding programs/grants available to the City from other levels of government
- Knowledge of corporate information management systems, including those used for financial budgeting, tracking, accounting and reporting
- Knowledge of relevant SAP modules and an understanding of maintenance management systems and/or other client software, and their interface with SAP
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Able to understand/appreciate the technical complexities and diversities of the work in order to provide financial management support
- Able to research, analyze and evaluate financial/budgetary issues, interpret data, make decisions, develop appropriate solutions and formulate recommendations
- Able to identify financial tracking and reporting requirements and provide user input to systems enhancements
- Able to administer regulations, laws, and financial/administrative policies/procedures
- Able to work collaboratively
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess advanced computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a windows environment, including use of intra/internet
- Able to use Corporate SAP modules/system and work with other advanced computer applications or software used by the client group(s)