- 65,008.58 - 79,099.02 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Under the guidance of a licensed Professional Engineer, the Engineering Intern provides technical and engineering support to the Asset Management Branch through daily activities that involve supporting a number of data applications and data systems. The intern is expected to undertake various data quality and system quality related tasks, to document and identify issues, to understand user implications and to identity solutions. Interns will follow a work plan that provides more detailed objectives and duties.
Education & Experience
Four (4) year Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline or applied science from an accredited university.
One (1) year of relevant experience.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Registered as an Engineering Intern (EIT) with the Professional Engineers Ontario or must complete registration within three (3) months of hire date. The Engineering Intern will be required to work under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer in order to obtain the verifiable acceptable experience under the Licensing requirements as a Professional Engineer in Ontario.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Specific and general knowledge in the field of application related to the department
- Engineering standards for Ontario/Canada and related to the field of expertise
- Various engineering standards, bylaws and related national and provincial codes;
- Applicable acts, legislations, regulations and guidelines;
- Project management principles and practices;
- Contract management;
- Current and advanced engineering technologies;
- Engineering processes and design;
- Analytical techniques;
- Applied research techniques (pilot plant, bench-scale, etc.): set-up, operation, analysis;
- Customer service management;
- Community and public consultation processes;
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Access, etc.)
- Database and data management practices
- Base level programming skills
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Prepare and deliver technical and management summary reports
- Plan, operate and supervise engineering and process studies
- Manage projects and meet objectives
- Work professionally with consultants and other technical authorities, manufacturers and contractors
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Display good judgement with staff, professionals and customers
- Communicate effectively (written & oral)
- Strong technical and analytical skills