Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Customer Service/Booking Clerk
- 48,612.20 - 56,875.00 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing customer and booking services in a recreation or culture facility, acting as the first point of contact, including: processing registrations, memberships, bookings, point of sales operations and assisting the supervisor with promotional and special events, and other related administrative duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum of one (1) year experience servicing the public by phone and in person in a recreation setting, and using software to perform program registrations, membership, booking processes and point of sale operations
- Experience working in one of the relevant fields based on key functions to be performed and primary facility program focus i.e. Aquatics, Sports/Fitness, Special Needs, Arts, and culture etc. or related field
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Current First-Aid, CPR and AED
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s
Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency:
French oral, reading required
English oral, reading, writing required
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Customer service delivery mechanisms, practices and strategies, including the resolution of customer related complaints
- Corporate Microsoft computer applications MSWord , Outlook, Excel, Internet Explorer/Ozone, and job specific programs including, program registration and facility booking systems (such as CLASS)
- Corporate cash handling procedures, operation of cash register, balancing cash and preparing daily deposits
- Knowledge of recreation and culture programs and service delivery related to a recreation setting
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to advise clients as to appropriate programs and program levels, program alternatives, available services, etc. specific to the department
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent customer service skills especially during busy periods, stressful situations or emergencies
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- Organize, multi-task and prioritize work