Child Care Housekeeper - Job Inventory
- 20.508 - 24.002 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for performing general housekeeping duties to maintain a high standard of hygiene in municipal child care centre while placing an emphasis on safety. Work is performed in accordance with corporate, departmental and branch policies, procedures and guidelines, and the Early Years Act.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10.
A minimum of one (1) month experience in institutional housekeeping.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Various language requirements, locations may require English, French or Bilingual competencies.
French oral, reading, writing required
English oral, reading, writing required
- Accepted Municipal sanitary practices
- Ottawa Public Health requirements
- WHIMIS (Workplace Hazardous Material Information System)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Meet the required health and hygiene standards
- Take the initiative to spot clean where necessary
- Work around the children and their daily program
- Take and follow directions
- Adhere to schedules and routines
- Read labels on cleaning agents and follow instructions for use