Job Inventory - Personal Support Worker
- 25.468 - 29.801 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing total resident care according to a Resident Care Plan (L.T.C.) that provides optimal functioning and well being in a supportive, therapeutic environment, with an emphasis on resident safety and engagement.
Education & Experience
Grade 12 and the successful completion of a Personal Support Worker (PSW) program which meets the standards established in the Long Term Care Act.
Minimum of six hundred (600) hours of related experience, including both class time and practical experience, preferably with clinical experience in a geriatric or long term care setting
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Resident hygiene, optimal functioning, well-being, feeding, elimination
- Health Care Aide routines and practices in a long-term care setting
- Infection control guidelines
- Transfer and positioning techniques of residents
- Rehabilitation and palliative approaches
Competencies & Skills
- Effective team member
- Respectful and caring to residents
- Communicate with cognitively impaired residents, families, colleagues and staff
- Organize and prioritize workload
- Follow resident care plan and carry out activities as directed
- Report resident needs through observation of physical and mental condition/behaviour
- Follow safety procedures to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Transfer and positioning techniques of persons requiring long term care
- Manage time effectively