Summer Student - Research Assistant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Assists the Supervisor or designate in performing research functions including:
- Conducting research including media scans, literature reviews, web searches, library searches on key issues and compiling information for document preparation.
- Developing and maintaining databases by collecting, entering, organizing and analyzing data.
- Contributing to the maintenance of project and/or program information by updating and revising related documentation.
- Supporting the organization and presentation of training and information sessions including the creation of all training and presentation materials.
- Providing friendly, helpful, and courteous service to the public while offering appropriate information.
Education & Experience
Post Secondary Student (completion of first year College or university):
- Studies in Business Administration, Policy, or a related field
Two (2) years or more of related experience is required:
- Related experience which may include working in an office setting, administration of an office, project or research related work
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
No certification is required
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire
- Some knowledge of office procedures
- Solid analytical skills and sound judgment
- Solid communication skills, orally and in writing, including participating in meetings and presentations
- Advanced level of competence of a variety of computer software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, graphics programs, statistical analysis programs, SAP, etc.
- Experience working within a project-based environment
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to follow general guidelines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervison.