- 26.710 - 31.250 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing receptionist service by: answering all incoming calls and inquiries made in person, courteously and efficiently; providing typing service; and ensuring that office accommodation and equipment is properly secured after working hours, with an emphasis on resident safety and engagement.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 12
A minimum of one (1) year related experience
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
The successful candidate will be required to complete a vulnerable sector check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Office practices and procedures, including records management
- Computer software applications MS Word, Excel, Electronic Mail
- Office equipment (fax, photocopier)
- Sound knowledge of the branch's programs and structure combined with good knowledge of the department and general knowledge of the city at large
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Type accurately at 40-60 wpm
- Use tact, discretion and confidentially, combined with reliability and good judgment
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Gather and compile statistical information