Summer Student - Web Site Assistant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Under the general direction of the supervisor, the successful candidate will update OC Transpo web information by adding content, improving page layout and creating and incorporating web graphics and videos to the website.
Education & Experience
Post Secondary Student (completion of second year College or university): Web Development program / Web graphics program / Computer Science
Minimum of eight (8) months but less than one (1) year of related experience is required:
- Must be very familiar with CSS, PHP, HTML, XML and knowledge of SVG would be an asset.
- Must have knowledge of Flash, Dreamweaver/Web Expression, PhotoShop and video editing.
- Should be able to provide addresses of websites they have developed.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Must have knowledge of web design software such as Dreamweaver/Web Expression, and graphic software such as Adobe Photoshop, Knowledge of Illustrator would be an asset.
- Must have knowledge of CSS, PHP, HTML and XML.
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance.
- Must possess knowledge of Flash and video editing to create videos and skins to view on website.
- Very beneficial if candidate can provide addresses of websites they have developed, either for personal use, school or business.
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Enjoy working with people