- 55,721.12 - 79,035.32 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for providing analytical support and advice to the Transit Engineering/Maintenance Management Team on best practices, quality processes and continuous improvement matters. The incumbent serves as a technical expert for reliability and quality process analysis; develops and conducts audits for compliance, consistency in product and service standards, and operations systems; guides staff on matters of reliability and quality processes and continuous improvement; and develops service quality solutions.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year college diploma in Engineering Technology or related field.
Four (4) years of relevant industrial, manufacturing, maintenance or project management experience conducting reliability studies and data analysis. Experience should include vehicle systems, automotive industry and fleet monitoring with exposure to transit operations.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
A valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver's license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated..
English oral, reading, writing required
- Knowledge of reliability and failure analysis methods
- General knowledge of City's corporate/departmental/branch policies and procedures
- Understanding of organizational development principles and practices in a unionized environment
- General knowledge of the Transportation/ transit industry
- Knowledge of modern mechanical and electronic vehicle systems
- Knowledge of structural, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and materials
- MTO (Ministry of Transportation Ontario) regulations or rules as they relate to heavy duty vehicle operations
- Knowledge of Performance Improvement Plans
- Understanding of statistical methods related to quality tracking and reporting
- Knowledge of project management and organization
- Understanding of related software and information systems (i.e. database management tools, SAP, M5, maintenance management information systems, project management, etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation
Competencies & Skills
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with all staff in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work and to deal effectively with multiple demands, conflicting priorities, pressures and tight deadlines
- Possess project management skills to lead, motivate, initiate, analyze, plan, organize and facilitate change
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, to analyze issues and problems within a team to develop realistic and innovative solutions to problems
- Able to make judgements on the analysis/interpretation of data, make decisions, solve problems and formulate recommendations
- Possess the ability to have mental and visual concentration, remain attentive to detail and able to interpret/analyze/evaluate large volumes or quality of data, to make decisions and formulate recommendations
- Possess consultative, collaboration and facilitation skills to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to effectively communicate and deliver presentations to various stake holders
- Possess proficiency in researching and obtaining information from different sources
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite and Internet Explorer in a Windows environment
- Possess effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to negotiate, mediate and manage conflict