Engineering Technologist - Sewer Maintenance - 35 hours
- 66,652.04 - 77,988.82 annually
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for administering and coordinating multiple, sewer lateral replacements and water service replacements being conducted simultaneously. Responsible for all assigned activities from planning, organizing, controlling, consultation to implementation. Monitors, tracks and reports on project status and ensures all maintenance records are updated.
Education & Experience
Minimum requirement is completion of a three (3) year community college program in engineering technology, in the civil field with CET status
Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible and practical experience related to the municipal sewer and/or water systems
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists, CET status or eligibility to obtain certification within six (6) months
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Engineering planning, design, operations and construction/rehabilitation of municipal structures, infrastructure and utilities;
- Process for tendering and contracting work;
- Computer applications in an engineering environment pertaining to municipal design, project management, spreadsheet, database, CMMS, (computer maintenance management system) word processing, e-mail and use of the Intra-Internets;
- Confined space entry policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Manage multiple projects and bring the projects to completion according to schedule and within budget;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate both orally and in writing;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to write legible and comprehensive reports and correspondence
- Read and interpret engineering plans and drawings
- Develop and manage operational budgets and to monitor performance and service delivery
- Assist in the preparation of formal RFQ's and RFP's; review, analyze and recommend acceptance of proposals from consulting engineering firms.