Production Coordinator II - Shenkman Arts Centre
- 30.58 - 8 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Working in a team environment, the Production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities within the production areas of Ottawa Theatres. To execute the production elements of an engagement while coordinating volunteer stage hands, paid stage hands and visiting production staff and artists, the Production Coordinator will train personnel, operate and maintain highly specialized theatrical equipment.
French considered an asset.
Education & Experience
Grade 12 and completion of a Technical Production program or equivalent experience
Five (5) years working in Production for the Live Entertainment Industry
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
Current Standard First Aid, AED, CPR and WHMIS or the ability to obtain.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required. (French is an asset)
- Leadership principles
- Adult Learning and Training methods
- Proficient knowledge of Health and Safety legislation in the Live Entertainment Industry
- Working knowledge of set design and construction
- Proficiency in the operation of Counter Weight Fly Systems, theatrical carpentry, atmospheric effects, and Lighting and Audio systems
- Aptitude in Microsoft Office and software for automated lighting and/or audio control systems
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Effective interpersonal communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Proficiency and training in theatre lighting, audio, rigging and staging techniques
- Results oriented and able to carry out directives
- Able to evaluate the individual capacity and capabilities of employees, volunteers and clients, allocating resources in an effective manner
- Very good analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to adjust easily to an ever-changing environment.
- Able to work from heights and climb ladders.