Summer - Arts Specialty Instructor 1
- 15.000 - 19.990 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Arts Specialty Instructor 1 is responsible for leading creative introductory arts programs for children, and assisting in the delivery of creative instruction in theatre, dance, music, visual, literary, and multi-media arts
Education & Experience
Grade 11 high school student participating in one or more of the following arts disciplines: theatre, dance, music, visual, literary and multi-media arts or a related field.
Two (2) years or more of related experience is required.
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Red Cross Standard First Aid
- High Five
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Operator Certificate
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Knowledge of interpretive techniques, of aesthetic and technical concepts, and of handling of program materials in discipline of instruction.
- Working knowledge of general registration and visitor procedures
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Ability to work well with others.