Summer - Terry Fox Athletic Facility Operations Assistant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
The Facility Operation Assistant aids in the operation of the facility by providing support to the facility, athletic track, various sports fields and grounds maintenance. Monitors participants during open track training time and large athletic events.
This position will also be responsible for cash handling, customer service, information, sales, registrations and facility bookings.
Education & Experience
High School Graduate
Less than four (4) months of related experience is required
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Standard First Aid
- CPR Level 'C'
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training)
- Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate may be required to complete a Criminal Record Check or a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction on or before your first day of work.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
Students must supply own CSA-approved, green patch safety work boots.
- Technical knowledge of field marking for various sports fields (soccer, rugby and football)
- General understanding of technical requirement needed in order to set up and facilitate track meets
- Computer skills, understanding of the proper and safe use power tools and equipment
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010
- City of Ottawa Core Training
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation policies and procedures
- City of Ottawa cash handling procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Carrying and lifting skills
- Strong organizational skills, self motivated and ability to multi task
- Strong communication skills, self confident and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate and required tools/equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage simultaneous demands