Summer - Wading Pool Attendant
- 14.00 - 0 hourly
- City Of Ottawa
Responsible for the daily operation of the wading pool program within the city's parks. Follow all guidelines, policies & procedures including all safety guidelines set by the branch. This includes ensuring the park is well maintained and safe for users. Guarding of participants in the wading pool/area, light maintenance monitoring water quality levels. Delivering of age appropriate activities and events, administrative duties and responding to public inquiries.
Education & Experience
High School Student: Minimum Grade 10
Some experience working with children (babysitting, after school programs, L.I.T. program, volunteer experience)
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Standard First Aid
- CPR level 'C'
- AODA Customer Service (Servability Training). Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) Operator Certificate
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Understanding the development and recreational needs of children.
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) Legislated training required by 2010.
- City of Ottawa Core Training.
- Applicable Ottawa Parks & Recreation, aquatic policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to execute park programs for children, youth and persons with disabilities in a park environment
- Ability to provide safe supervision in a wading pool environment
- Ability to operate and required tools/equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written directions/procedures